Bhavisha’s art exhibits influences of several cultures from many continents. Indian by ethnicity, born and brought up in Kenya, educated in England, and now living in Philadelphia, her art spans from landscapes of the African Savannah, to Urban Cityscapes, and Design Art with Indian and African motifs. A self–taught artist of over twenty years, she easily transitions from nature to urban scenes that carry a romantic, nostalgic feel.
Inspired by works of Corot and Gustave Caillebotte, she has an impressionist / representational style and paints nature. Her subject matter ranges from charging bull elephants that roamed her backyard in Kenya; to cold snowy days, the awesomeness of a stormy sea that is threatening and yet sustaining; empty serene urban parks; tranquil waters over rocky river beds and more. Her art captures the harmony that exists in nature, life that is strong, calm, and beautiful.
Painting is a spiritual experience for Bhavisha, allowing her to capture the pure energy and harmonious relationships of elements in life and nature. She endeavors to express the resilience of the moment, hope for the future, and feelings of peace and tranquility. Ultimately, she hopes that her art will help society see God’s glory in creation, respect nature, its power, and learn from it. More recently she has intertwined her inspirational writings with her paintings both in the art and presentation of the art. Her works have been exhibited in several solo and group shows and her paintings are in private collections around the world.
- 2015 The Philadelphia School, Philadelphia, PA (Paintings of Nature in Africa)
- 2015 Community Gallery at East River Bank, Philadelphia, PA.
- 2015 Ethical Humanist Society of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA.
- 2014 Settle Down Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. First Friday Pop Up Show
- Participant of Philadelphia Open Studio Tours (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- 2016 The Station Gallery, Greenville, Delaware - December Show
- 2016 Pearl Street Gallery - Asian Arts Initiative - Works from "Paint Pearl St. Plein Air'
- 2016 The Red Panda Art Shoe (In Support of Operation Red Panda) The Philadelphia School
- 2016 Juried Shows at the Philadelphia Sketch Club: "Art of the Flower"
- 2015 Juried Shows at the Philadelphia Sketch Club: "Art of the Flower"; "Small Oil Paintings Show" ; and "Photography"
- 2015 Philadelphia Open Studio Tour, St. John Evangelist Church, Philadelphia, PA.
- 2014 Twenty Two Gallery: Philadelphia, PA. - Winter Group Show
- 2014 Twenty Two Gallery: Philadelphia, PA. - Summer Group Show
- 2007 Ten Stone: Philadelphia, PA.
- October 2014 Permanent Installation history wall for Saint John the Evangelist Church, Philadelphia, PA.
- Asian Arts Initiative - Pearl Street Project 2016
- The Station Gallery, 3922 Kennett Pike, Greenville, DE 19807
- Works in private collections in London, UK; Leicester, UK; Cheltenham, UK; Toronto, Canada; New York, NY; Brooklyn, NY; Long Island, NY; Philadelphia, PA,; Elkton MD; San Francisco, CA; Orange County, NJ, USA
- Philadelphia Sketch Club and Member of The Exhibition Committee
- The Network Of Working Artists
- Naudain Street Art Collaborative
RELATED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Private art lessons for all ages 2013 to present